Monday, May 28, 2018

Well the first thing you know...

No, old Sean ain’t a millionaire, but he did find himself quite suddenly back in Japan. The last month or so has been absolutely insane with work, shows, and trying desperately to get ready for this trip. How insane? Well, I’m glad you asked! I spent the entire 13 hour plane ride from Chicago to Narita grading. I spent the entire layover trying to post grades. And at the airport hotel, where we’re staging for our bike trip, I finished grading all the work, syncing it to the cloud so I can enter the grades while on the road for the next day or so. Aaaand they’re due on Tuesday, so hey!

Anyway, Japan! I’ll have a few pics from today in tomorrow’s blog post, but I haven’t copied them over to this machine, and Sumi’s already fast asleep and I’m joining her in a minute. This time around we’re aiming to bike west from Osaka (Itami, actually) avoid the traffic and make our way out to Hiroshima and Miyajima. The adventure starts in about 5 hours, so I’m done for now. Just wanted to get the first update out. Tomorrow we bike! Somewhere...not quite sure where yet. Right now our route consists of going out the front doors of the airport and turning left. Yup, that’s all we’ve got!

No comments:

Post a Comment